For Immediate Release:
April 13, 2016 (Kelowna, BC): Organizers of the Interior Savings Fat Cat Children's Festival are calling on the community to get involved in the 26th annual edition of the Festival coming up on June 10 & 11, 2016 at Waterfront Park.
"Our Board really plans all year around for the Festival," says Marlene Fenton, chair of the volunteer board that produces the Festival annually. "However, now it is time to ramp things up and we are calling on the community to get involved and help put on an incredible show for the kids - and their families."
How you can get involved (click on the highlighted links for the forms):
- Adopt-a-Class: Your donation of $250 will send a deserving group of elementary-school aged children to take part in the Festival and enjoy of its experiences for free. You may choose to designate the class or school you would like to adopt, or we have list of under-serviced schools that would love to participate, but can’t because of financial restrictions. You will make a significant difference with your donation and you will be creating some unforgettable memories for our communities’ kids.
- Activity Station: run an interactive activity station – high profile and high returns with kids’ smiling faces all festival long. They are fun, creative and educational and feature great community and business development opportunities! Contact Dorothee at fatcatfestival(at)gmail.com for details.
- Volunteer: A Festival can’t happen without excellent volunteers. We need you to take part. There are amazing opportunities – from Information Booths to Craft Stations to Festival Set-up and Take-down. Be a part of the best Festival Team and you will be rewarded by lots of smiles and laughter from our communities’ kids … and you get a t-shirt too!
- Join the Parade: Come march with us! Enter as a business/organization, or for the Kiddie Brigade and lead everyone to Waterfront Park.
"The theme for this year is 'Fat Cat is ... the Okanagan Explorer', explains Dorothee Birker, artistic director for the Festival. "We are paying homage to the incredible region we get to live in and are encouraging families to get out, enjoy active play and discover the many things our community has to offer. That's why we are calling on the community to come and get out and involved - run an Activity Station or join the Parade ... or get your staff together for a great team building activity and come volunteer. It is hugely rewarding to be a part of this amazing festival."
Here is what you can look forward to at the Fat Cat Children’s Festival 2016:
- Friday 8:30 AM-2:00 PM: Open to schools, home-schoolers and the general public. School kids come enjoy the best field trip with hands-on learning and fun. Families with younger kids will love the new Toddler Town.
- Fat Cat Children’s Festival Parade Saturday 10:00 AM–11:30 AM: Everyone really does love a parade ... join the Kiddie Brigade or showcase your organization's community pride ... just come join in the fun as we roll along Cawston Avenue to Waterfront Park.
- Saturday 11:00 AM–4:00 PM: The Fat Cat everyone knows and loves with more stage performances, more street performers and more hands-on activities. A great day for the family – including all of its generations – to enjoy together.
The Interior Savings Fat Cat Children’s Festival is an interactive Festival that celebrates children, creativity and community. The Festival is produced by the Children's Festival Society of Kelowna and takes place June 10th & 11th at Waterfront Park.
- 30 –
For more information contact:
Interior Savings Fat Cat Children’s Festival